Senior Software Engineer, Vault Developer Experience
About the Role
Vault helps organizations secure dynamic infrastructure across any cloud and environments. The Developer Experience team focuses on providing workflows and beautiful functionality that delight developers using Vault.
This is a senior engineering role that will provide technical expertise and leadership for our developer-focused roadmap.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with Developer Advocates, Design, Product Management, Engineering Management, Marketing and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Inform the technical approach and architecture of Vault as it relates to developer experiences.
- Help contribute to the Vault community by providing code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners.
- Advocate and support improvements to Vault APIs and core to improve development and integration of tools and plugins.
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community.
- Foster a culture of learning through iterative improvements and strong collaboration with UX research.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You love hacking on various technologies to help developers use Vault
- Delivered developer-focused software at high growth companies or divisions.
- You have experience with systems programming in languages such as Go or C
- You have experience with practical cryptography to ensure the privacy and integrity of data
- You have experience building secure applications and authentication protocols
- You have experience working with distributed software
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support to help work with the Vault community
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a public cloud environment
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- You have a working understanding of commonly-used security technologies
- You have experience using Vault
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Vault team in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: