Sr. Business Operations Manager
United States (Remote)
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. As HashiCorp grows in both market share and organizational complexity, we’re looking for an adaptable and motivated senior leader to help monitor Performance to Plan, performance review rhythms, scorecarding, and budget/HC implications.
The Marketing and Operations (M&O) department under the CMO executes company strategy and priorities that enable our GTM teams to achieve their business goals. This is a senior leadership role reporting directly to the Senior Director of Business Operations. This role supports the Marketing Leadership Team (MLT), and will help drive core processes related to Business Models, GTM Programs, or Field Operating Models. This role will orchestrate across many stakeholders for core deliverables and requires an individual who is a great team player, self-starter, is intellectually curious, strategic thinker, and adaptable to jumping in to solve issues and drive scalable solutions across the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive the rhythm of the business, business review cadence, and planning in coordination with the corporate planning process and integration across the broader organization.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to oversee the creation and implementation of RFCs/plans. Set best practices for knowledge management and consolidated information.
- Leverage relationships to help drive the agenda of the leadership team and ensure business activities are aligned with objectives. Provide an objective Point of view, ensure voices are heard, and feedback is provided.
- Lead All Hands and exec level communications, devising communications plans and presentations that relate to focuses and mission.
- Drive accountability for the team and serve as the point of contact for understanding business status on key programs, projects, and other initiatives.
- Monitors team health and lead organizational culture initiatives (career programs, inclusion, hiring, onboarding) while partnering with the HR/People team. Help drive training completion rates.
- Drive special projects as needed.
Performance to Plan (OKRs/Scorecard)
- Establishes scorecards and key performance indicators (KPIs) in alignment with strategy. Works with the organization to establish and report against targets, and adjusts targets if necessary.
- Align OKRs to analytical metrics, performance goals, annual and long-range plans. Manage the rollout of our OKR tool Workboard.
- Provide guidance into performance metrics, define forward KPIs. Continuously identify gaps and escalate risks in systems, operations, and processes
- Liaison with Global operators across Marketing, developing a performance rhythm
Tracking (Budgets and Headcount)
- Leverage knowledge of planned deliverables, OKRs, and KPIs, to design budgets and long range plans.
- Act as a supporting point of contact in partnership with Finance to develop metrics for budgeting and forecasting. Identifies actions to course correct and anticipates future challenges
- Work with the Procurement teams to coordinate future resources and resource planning.
- Ensure that leadership is aligned on headcount strategy
- Jointly ensure reporting and tracking across POs, budget, and HC requests
- Superb business acumen, ability to understand strategies from each business unit’s perspective, align OKRs, and recommend simple scalable solutions.
- Proven program management experience delivering business value, effective written and verbal communication to drive alignment, leading cross-team programs to desired results, and managing risk
- Experience in rapidly shifting priorities while still maintaining a degree of organization and control - you can thrive in chaos
- Excellent proficiency in gSuite, Excel, Powerpoint (communication tools), Asana (collaboration tools) or the like, Confluence (documentation tools) and/or ability to pick up any tool very quickly
- Deep understanding of ‘how to get things done’ at HashiCorp through influence and leveraging interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience in planning, executing, and working with executives across all levels
- High integrity, capable of excellent judgment and decision-making skills, showing the utmost discretion in the management of confidential information
- A good sounding board for others, low ego, high integrity, and ability to anticipate the needs of the executive or his/her direct staff
- Experience with OKR tools like Workboard are a plus.
HashiCorp celebrates diversity and welcomes equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.