About the Role
The Customer Engineering team is a newly crafted team working towards sustaining and enhancing HashiCorp’s Vault product. You will be directly contributing to the Vault product, with a focus on critical customer issues, partner concerns, features, improvements, and bugs.
This role is a blend of engineering and customer support, where you will help resolve complex customer issues. Other tasks will include product enhancements, feature request development, and bug triage. Much of our work and libraries are open source and receive contributions from a large community of users. The majority of our tools and integrations are written in Golang.
This person will be a part of the Vault engineering team at HashiCorp, working to provide a phenomenal and broadly used secrets tool for businesses and individuals handling all sizes and types of infrastructure.
You can learn more about the Vault product with our Co-Founder & CTO here: Introduction to HashiCorp Vault with Armon Dadgar
In this role, you can expect to:
An engineer in this role can expect to:
- Triage incoming customer or support requests by working closely with product, engineering, and support.
- Establish an understanding of the request by working with support, the customer, and setting up a reproduction.
- Provide guidance and develop playbooks for internal teams around issue resolution.
- Implementing bug fixes for specific customer issues.
- Converting larger issues into clear and actionable backlog items.
- Improve documentation for usage and solving problems where gaps are found.
- Participate in agile planning meetings to facilitate understanding and prioritization of backlog items.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience in a programming language like Go, Java, or Python
- You like writing programs that can be understood by their users
- Experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems
- Experience working with distributed software within a Linux environment
- Experience with customer support or OSS community support to help work with the Vault community
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a public cloud environment
- Expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- Familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- Working understanding of commonly-used security technologies
- Experience using Vault
About the Application Process:
Please note, as collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is an extraordinary way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
If you do include a cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: