About the role:
As an IT DevOps engineer, you will join a team of highly motivated engineers to develop tools and deliver cloud-scale IT infrastructure capacity for optimizing and streamlining HashiCorp’s internal enterprise IT processes. Successful candidates will possess DevOps skills, software development, and project management delivery experience along with the ability to coach and mentor more junior team members as they develop their skills as DevOps Engineers. Be part of the team that solves complex IT infrastructure issues with software, DevOps principles, and delivers high velocity and high-quality infrastructure in private and public data centers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Identify and solve Infrastructure related problems with code and master building, running, and maintaining enterprise IT infrastructure in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be working with and taking technical direction from senior engineers while executing critical projects in design, development, and post-release support of the tools used by various internal teams at HashiCorp.
- You are part of the team which owns the development and operations of HashiCorp on HashiCorp for Enterprise IT Infrastructure. You will be interacting with a highly innovative and creative team of infrastructure engineers, architects, and leaders across the organization.
- You will participate in automation efforts using Bash/Python/Go/APIs to eliminate manual work in building infrastructure, performing releases, and other operational work.
- You will utilize HashiCorp Cloud Platform and Terraform Cloud to monitor applications/infrastructure and implement self-healing mechanisms to auto-recover from outages.
- You will get a chance to improve your communication and collaboration skills working with various other Infrastructure and Security teams across HashiCorp.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 4+ years experience working in an DevOps role (or similar) with a strong understanding and practical experience with automation, virtualization, and cloud engineering.
- Experience with or building CI/CD pipelines (eg. Github Actions, Jenkins, etc.)
- Applied knowledge of HashiCorp product line with experience problem-solving or streamlining solutions with Terraform, Consul, or Vault at Enterprise Scale.
- Experience with Enterprise Productivity Infrastructure (Slack, Google Workspace, FreshService) with a mindset of automation and self-service.
- Coding/scripting and debugging experience for building and integrating systems & solutions (Bash, Python, Go, etc.)
- Public cloud engineering on GCP, AWS, or Azure platforms. Cloud provisioning, infrastructure, and migration at cloud scale.
- Hands-on experience with Linux Systems Administration and Management, Servers, and Cloud architecture; ability to troubleshoot systematic Linux platform issues.
- Understanding fundamental network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP, Switches, Routers.
- Experience contributing to large infrastructure projects, working with senior engineers, and involving multiple cross-organization stakeholders.
- A continuous learner, a critical thinker, and a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Embrace a culture and work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: