The HashiCorp Platform team is the backbone of product delivery for HashiCorp engineering. Our charter includes HCP (HashiCorp Cloud Platform) - all our cloud offerings are delivered on this platform, and Internal Platform and Services - these power HashiCorp’s entire software delivery foundation. This role is within the Internal Platform and Services organization and will be responsible for a distinct charter within that scope. HCP is a customer facing product that allows us to provide a unified experience for HashiCorp products being offered as cloud services.
HashiCorp engineering, including HCP, relies on an integrated suite of services built by the Internal Platform and Services teams:
- An application platform that runs on top of major cloud providers to enable a range of cloud service and application delivery (built using HashiCorp’s tools)
- OSS and cloud service build and delivery pipelines
- The HashiCorp release distribution services
- Site Reliability Engineering, operations, monitoring, and incident management tooling
- Developer productivity tools including SDKs, libraries, and on-demand remote development environments
The Director of Engineering for Internal Platform and Services will be responsible for a distinct component within the charter of running the infrastructure platform that underpins the HashiCorp Cloud Platform and Cloud Products along with the software delivery and operations tooling that makes all of our product delivery possible. The success criteria is for the overall Internal Platform and Services team, depending on the background and experience of candidates we will further refine the role to create a distinct charter. Please note though that it will be a logical subset of the items described below.
Success for these teams includes:
- Creating an excellent software delivery and operations experience for HashiCorp engineering
- Delivering a reliable infrastructure platform that builds in security and reliability best practices
- Automating away toil and refining processes to allow us to scale our service footprint with increasing efficiency
- Supporting service engineering teams to ensure our services are designed to be resilient and reliable
- Building and procuring software delivery tools that can be tightly integrated to provide leverage to engineering teams while abstracting away concerns of process, auditability, testability, and deployment strategies
In this role you can expect to...
- Align the team around a shared vision and roadmap that shape the future of our Internal Platform and Services
- Build learning and adaptation into everything that the team does
- Ensure high availability of the platform through thoughtful monitoring, and release practices, and an efficient incident management system
- Work closely with our security team to develop policies that ensure our systems are kept secure and build those into our platform and tools by default
- Partner with product managers, software engineers, customer success, and business leads to define your team’s roadmap
- Hire and grow a diverse team in a fast-scaling organization
- Support the career growth for individuals on your team
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives led by our R&D leadership, recruiting, and people teams
You may be a good fit for our team if...
- 8+ years of experience in world-class technical organizations
- Built and managed a team of 25+ engineers
- You have delivered similar solutions for a SaaS/Cloud service through a phase of significant growth
- You have managed a Site Reliability or Production Engineering department
- You have managed a cloud delivery platform (internal or as a product) including software delivery or build / release tools offered as a service at scale
- You have 5+ years of experience managing through managers
- You’ve worked to operationalize complex software at scale
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience working in a fully remote organization is a bonus (pre-pandemic, structured remote)
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: