Who Are We
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products like Terraform, Vault, Consul and Vagrant (among others) to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
The Digital team is a small group of engineers embedded inside the Marketing organization. We're responsible for HashiCorp's 8+ documentation websites, an education platform, events websites, our marketing websites and a variety of other smaller sites. We're a hybrid between an agency and product team, which means there's opportunity for a variety of types of work.
Along with the rest of HashiCorp, we know we can't succeed without each team member being successful - a great team culture is something that is constructed by actual experiences, not through words alone. HashiCorp's Principles are referenced in our day-to-day work and aren't just "words on the wall".
Some things you can expect to do
- Contribute maintainable, well-tested, accessible, and well-documented code to our shared React component library.
- Extend and improve the shared platform tooling and libraries used across all our sites.
- Partner with designers to implement front-end projects with animations, interaction and meticulous polish.
- Improve the way that users consume our product documentation and work with product engineers to improve their docs authoring experience.
- Build out features for authenticated users on our Learn application.
- Use and contribute improvements to our open source tools including next-mdx-remote, Swingset, and more.
- Contribute to backend systems and APIs that power our sites
- Curious, creative and collaborative. You approach problems incrementally and collaboratively, taking a pragmatic approach without premature optimization or abstraction.
- Someone who likes communicating your ideas, planning to tackle something in prose, and workshopping it with teammates before you start writing code.
- Open-minded, you enjoy collaborating across disciplines (engineering, design, product, marketing and more) and differing levels of experience, from junior engineers to VPs.
- Willing to form well-considered, strong opinions, share your opinions, listen to others' opinions, and be open to changing your mind sometimes.
- A person who desires direct, clear, and kind feedback, and are willing to give the same to others, even when it's hard to do.
- A person who values the flexibility that comes with a distributed team, while recognizing the extra effort that everyone has to put into communication and relationship-building.
- You will be part of a well-supported, skilled team where your long-term personal and professional growth are prioritized.
- A fully remote culture. HashiCorp has been a distributed company since the beginning. Read more about How HashiCorp Works.
- A trust-based work environment where expectations are set clearly, and you're given the space to fulfill them. And you get clear, direct and transparent feedback on how you're doing, with support to grow and develop.
- A wide variety of types of work to explore, and the space and support to try out taking on new responsibilities. Our team has a clear career rubric for both IC and management tracks.
- Opportunities to write about your work, open source projects, and participate in dev advocacy across the industry.
- Competitive salary, generous equity grants, excellent benefits and flexible time off policy.
The path to software engineering takes many forms. Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated individuals. Please don't self-select. Even if you're not 100% sure that you meet all the qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: