At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
We are looking for a junior engineer to join the Vault Core team and focus on the tools and features that enhance integration with third-party services and partners. You will help design, prototype, and implement features to interface with a variety of external systems, and enhance the extensibility support within Vault.
This person will be a part of the Vault engineering team at HashiCorp, working to provide a fantastic and broadly used secrets tool for businesses and individuals handling all sizes and types of infrastructure.
You can learn more about the Vault product with our Co-Founder & CTO here: Introduction to HashiCorp Vault with Armon Dadgar
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design and build plugins and tools integrating Vault with a wide variety of third-party systems.
- Help contribute to the Vault community by providing code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Advocate and support improvements to Vault APIs and core to improve development and integration of tools and plugins
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience in a programming language like Go, Java, or Python
- You like writing programs that can be understood by their users
- Experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems.
- Experience working with distributed software within a Linux environment
- Experience with customer support or OSS community support to help work with the Vault community
- Expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- Familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- Working understanding of commonly-used security technologies
- Experience using Vault, Azure and GCP
About the Application Process:
Please note, as collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. If you do include a cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: