About the Role
Do you deeply understand and care about the developers, operators and administrators who are building the next generation of modern applications? Are you eager to help the world’s largest enterprises redefine how they think about their infrastructure? Do you have a proven track record of helping developers and operators become successful with new technology? Do you want to own the practitioner audience marketing efforts for a set of products that are adopted by millions of open source users?
HashiCorp is seeking a Sr Product Marketing Manager - Audience to focus on the practitioners, including developers, operators, and security professionals, that are using our open source tools. The ideal candidate has proven experience in orchestrating a wide range of marketing initiatives; from strategic planning to content marketing to GTM implementation across developer or practitioner audiences.
In this role you can expect to:
- Develop and iterate product positioning and messaging for the open source versions of HashiCorp Terraform, Vault, Consul, Nomad, Vagrant, Packer, Boundary, and Waypoint.
- Understand the practitioner journeys and align key messages to target audiences within those journeys, especially in describing technical capabilities.
- Be a go-to-market lead for practitioner-focused activities, working very closely with the Developer Advocates, product management, product marketing, education and engineering.
- Content creation -- use your proven experience, technical expertise, and understanding of practitioners to build solution oriented, search optimized, content to help them learn about, select, and be advocates for HashiCorp products.
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and own the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Market intelligence – Understand the market landscape and how to competitively position the products. Serve as the voice of the practitioner to the internal product-focused teams to reinforce solving their challenges.
- Demand generation strategy – collaborate with the revenue marketing team, digital marketing, and field marketing to deliver the marketing programs that drive demand.
- Understand the ecosystem of partners and collaborate with them to drive awareness.
- Serve as a product spokesperson with customers, press, analysts, and be a speaker at targeted events and a visible social media presence.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 5 years of software product marketing or audience marketing experience with at least 2-3 years of experience in a technical or field-facing role targeting practitioners or developers.
- Subject matter expertise in cloud infrastructure, with a strong understanding of the impact of cloud, distributed systems, microservices, and DevOps approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Some travel required.
- Experience with open source software offerings and related GTM activities.
- Strong ability to analyze an idea and develop a plan to implement.
- Excellent communicator.
- Experienced in core marketing functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world's most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We're building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters: