Engineering Manager, Vault
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
This is an engineering management role focused on our Vault product line, managing the Vault engineering team and overall product delivery. Our Vault engineering team is working to provide a fantastic and broadly used secrets tool for businesses and individuals handling all sizes and types of infrastructure. Our Vault customer base is growing rapidly and Vault is foundational for them to secure their applications. The highly technical team also provides development support and guidance to external vendor development teams and the entire Vault community across a range of technologies.
HashiCorp views management and technical leadership as two tracks, with a highly technical background being a requirement for both. This role is uniquely technical given the nature of the product, it’s criticality in securing businesses and interaction with strategic partners and vendors. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles. In order of priority, this would include management and coaching, advocacy for the team and with technical partners, and individual contribution.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building and contributing to Vault in a busy open source community
- Work with some of the largest infrastructure providers to support strategic relationships with HashiCorp
- Contribute to our growing engineering management team and culture
- Hire within the US, UK, and Canada to grow your team
- Ensure the on-time release of well tested and reliable code used to secure mission critical services
- Manage a team of subject matter experts with unique and individual expertise in security
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- An interest in building a support structure for engineers to help them succeed at their job
- Models and supports a positive and healthy work life balance
- A strong and nimble set of technical skills across technologies the team interacts with, such as commonly used security technologies
- An interest in a management career track in a technical context
- Great communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You have experience managing a remote distributed team of reasonable size
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Vault team in particular.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you would be successful working with us, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.