Vault Support Engineer - Amsterdam
HashiCorp is looking for a high-caliber customer facing engineering professional to join its European Support Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team and have a direct impact on HashiCorp’s fast growing business. This highly visible position will be an integral part of both the support engineering and Vault Open Source/Enterprise teams. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced culture that values essential communication, collaboration, and results. You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with an eye for automation, process improvement, and problem solving.
Collaborating with the Director Customer Success & Support, the Support Engineer will be a key member of the Customer Success organization and will directly impact customer satisfaction and success. The Support Engineer will triage incoming issues related to Vault and Vault Enterprise and independently work to find viable solutions. They will contribute to product growth and development via weekly product and marketing meetings. The Support Engineer will attend customer meetings as needed to help identify, debug and resolve the customer issue and is expected to be a liaison between the customer and HashiCorp engineering. When possible the Support Engineer will update and improve product documentation, guide feature development, and implement bug fixes based on customer feedback.
- Reproduce and debug customer issues by using or building existing tooling or configuration. This is what you do the majority of your time in this role
- Triage and solve incoming support requests via Zendesk within SLA
- Document and record all activity and communication with customers in accordance to both internal and external security standards
- Attend weekly product engineering meetings to discuss issues pertinent to support
- Collaborate with engineers, sales engineers, sales representatives, and technical account managers to schedule, oversee, and lead customer debugging calls
- Contribute to product documentation, customer knowledge base, and best practices guides
- Continuously improve process and tools for normal, repetitive support tasks
- Periodic 24/7 on-call rotation (one week in every two months)
30 days: you should be able to -
- Holistic understanding of Vault/Vault Enterprise and the interaction with other HashiCorp Product Suite
- Successfully perform all common work flows within Vault
- One contribution to extend or improve product documentation or install guides
- Ability to answer Level 1 support inquiries with minimal assistance
- Successfully play with all the elements in Vault Guide (https://www.Vault.io/docs/guides/index.html).
60 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to Level 1 & 2 inquiries independently
- Provision and bootstrap (P)TFE instance with low-touch from engineering
- Ride along on 1-2 live customer install calls
- Locate and unpack the customer log files. Familiarity with its contents
- Author one customer knowledge base article from area of subject matter expertise
90 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to a production down issue with minimal assistance
- Take any Vault ticket without assistance
- Independently find points of error and identify root cause by examining log files
- Create ongoing KB articles that will benefit all customers
- At least 2 years of Support Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Software Engineering, or System Administration experience
- Experience with Vault is a huge plus
- Familiarity with Distributed Systems, Microservice architecture, and Containers
- At least 2 years in a customer facing role
- Expertise in Open Source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- Well-organized, has excellent work ethic, pays attention to detail, and self-starting
- Experience managing and influencing change in organizations
- Strong project management skills
- Interest in cloud adoption and technology at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Technical Writing, or equivalent professional experience
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series C start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.