Infrastructure Engineer - Engineering Services
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles, many of which are described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US, UK, Canada, or the Netherlands. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
The Engineering Services team was founded to support common needs across the rest of HashiCorp Engineering. The team is still new, but has already made strides towards helping us mature our release automation pipelines. Now, we're looking to add an Infrastructure Engineer to the mix to help build out and manage internal infrastructure and services.
Engineering Services is all about bringing to bear the same industry practices that HashiCorp enables for our users. We're employing automation, infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration, and our full suite of tools to solve problems and reduce friction.
This is an early spot on a team that will be a continued investment for the organization. You'll be able to have a high impact and grow to help drive the roadmap and priorities by keeping your finger on the pulse of our engineering teams.
In this role, you can expect to...
- ...architect, deploy, and maintain infrastructure that supports development and testing for HashiCorp Engineering teams.
- ...gain exposure to many different kinds of applications and platforms. For example, to support Terraform Enterprise integration testing we need at least five version control systems (VCSs) and three Identity Providers (IdPs). Potential items on the roadmap range from internal Vault and Nomad clusters to a VMware lab.
- ...use HashiCorp tools to help support the delivery of HashiCorp tools (feedback loops!), working on automated infrastructure that helps the automated infrastructure company deliver software (recursion!).
You may be a good fit for our team if...
- ...you have experience with automated infrastructure management in public cloud environments. You know how to take a software package with installation instructions and spin it up as a durable, automated deployment of a ready-to-use service.
- ...you care about automating away simple tasks in order to free you up to think about more interesting problems.
- ...you like playing a supportive role, delivering tools, automation, and services that help to make your coworkers perform better. You believe that optimizing "developer experience" yields better software overall.
- ...you get energy out of the prospect of taking on work that requires you to learn new things. The idea of diving into a totally new-to-you platform with a job to get done sounds like an adventure.
- ...you understand that success in modern engineering requires navigating the tension between the overall technical ideal and the pragmatic next step. You are ready to help your team trend towards ideal solutions in the long term while also delivering concrete solutions to real problems in the near term.
About the Application Process
All work requires excellent written communication skills, remote work doubly so. For this reason, we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete.
In your cover letter, please describe what draws you to working at HashiCorp and to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience are good to include, too.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.