Associate General Counsel
Associate General Counsel
HashiCorp delivers a software suite for our users to provision, secure, and run any infrastructure for any application. We provide many of the world's most innovative companies with infrastructure automation capabilities. The Associate General Counsel will be responsible for all legal and legal-related matters for HashiCorp, Inc. You will be a practicing lawyer with deep experience in a variety of areas of the law - in particular, contracts, intellectual property, privacy and employment matters.
This strategic role will be based in our San Francisco Headquarters
- Lead and actively advise on a wide variety of legal and commercial matters, including intellectual property and licensing, compliance issues, litigation and employment law
- Handle and direct all aspects of our intellectual property strategy and other matters related to the protection and defense of intellectual property, including overseeing our trademark/IP portfolio
- Support licensing team on key licensing agreements, and counsel the business on a broad range of commercial matters, including review and negotiation of vendor and supplier agreements
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including software, technology, services, vendor, distributor, manufacturer and other commercial contracts
- Actively lead outside counsel and other legal services vendors to optimize efficient use of resources;
- Assist in building and leading legal staff as needed
- Minimum of 7 years of experience; a combination of law firm and in-house experiences a plus.
- Deep familiarity with open source contracts and business models
- JD from an accredited law school and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
- Shown organizational, analytical, and negotiation skills with extraordinary attention to detail.
- Significant experience negotiating, drafting and reviewing a broad range of commercial contracts.
- Excellent teaming and collaboration skills and ability to work cross functionally in an action driven culture.
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects with contending priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change in an ambiguous environment.
- Teammate with a high level of professionalism and commitment to developing strong relationships with colleagues, internal clients and business teams across the enterprise.
- Experience with, and enthusiasm for, process improvement and problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, be able to communicate effectively across all levels.
This is a full-time position where you will have the opportunity to work with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team. HashiCorp is a series C startup headquartered in San Francisco, California that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and also helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.