Engineering Manager - Consul Ecosystem
On the Consul team, we help organizations with service discovery, configuration management, and health monitoring. Ecosystem engineering includes contributing to the range of open source tools and integrations we have developed to help Consul solve problems for operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers.
This is an engineering management role that will provide the opportunity for ownership over a range of tools, a need to directly coach and grow a small team, and the chance to grow through hiring. Given the small team size, there will also be an opportunity for regular hands-on contribution to the tools.
Some of the tools and integrations the Ecosystem Team maintains include:
- consul-esm, consul-template, envconsul, and go-discover
- Proxy and Certificate Authority integrations with the Consul Connect feature
- The Consul Terraform Provider
- First-class integration with Kubernetes via consul-k8s and consul-helm
Much of our work and libraries are open source and receive contributions from a large community of users. The majority of our tools and integrations are written in Golang.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Coach and support engineers to build simple, reliable tools in the Consul ecosystem
- Work directly with the Consul community and HashiCorp customer to improve the tooling
- Hire and grow a small team in a fast-growing organization
- Contribute directly to the tools, programming mostly in Golang
- Ensure high reliability of tooling through thoughtful testing and release practices
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You’ve managed or supported engineers on large or small teams
- You’re familiar with service-oriented architectures, and ideally have worked on teams deploying or maintaining them
- You’ve worked with low-level programming languages
- You have a passion for the unix philosophy, and small, concise tools
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.