Product Manager - Terraform Enterprise, Governance
You will drive the development of core Terraform Enterprise workflows — conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across engineering, design, UX, marketing, and sales enablement. Work closely with the Terraform Enterprise engineering team to support release cycles.
Terraform Enterprise is HashiCorp’s effective, reusable, and safe infrastructure provisioning automation service. It is available as a SaaS or private install and provides collaboration and governance capabilities. For teams of operators, it enables collaboration on infrastructure and a central service registry to publish and discover infrastructure modules. For organizations, it enables policy and governance to expertly provision at scale.
The Terraform Enterprise Governance team is responsible for defining, enforcing and reporting on all governance controls in Terraform Enterprise. This includes all aspects of identity (authentication, authorization, ACLs, SSO), audit logging, policy management/workflows, cost management (estimation, budget, chargebacks, policy, etc). You will work with customers who are business decision makers, technical decision makers, and practitioners.
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from enterprise customers, engineering, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of DevOps, SaaS and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.