Director of Product, Vault
Director of Product, Vault
San Francisco or Remote
Vault is world's most widely adopted identity-based security product. As the Director of Product for Vault, you will drive Vault's product strategy to increase that open source growth and enterprise revenue. You will manage other product managers towards a common vision and mentor them to do their best work — user research, requirement definition, and roadmap creation.
Vault is HashiCorp's identity-based security product. It has three primary use cases — secrets management, encryption as a service, and identity and access management. There are three product development workstreams within the Vault product line — core, ecosystem, and insights. As the Director of Product, you will manage a product manager for each of those workstreams.
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles. Engage with key customers and community members to drive roadmap
- Review and approve the roadmaps submitted by product managers
- Mentor product managers and give feedback on their work — user research, Product Requirement Documents (PRDs), field engagement
- Partner with the engineering team to deliver on roadmap
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Orchestrate technical sales training for pre-sales engineers
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of product management experience with infrastructure products
- 3+ years of managing other product managers
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of security principles
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Please note we require a writing sample for your application to be considered complete. This writing sample can be a Product Requirements Document or similar document that showcases your ability to distil complex ideas into simple items that can be delivered by another team.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.