Head of Professional Services
Position: Head of Professional Services
Location: SF Bay Area
HashiCorp is seeking a Head of Professional services to build and lead a new team within the Customer Success organization. This team will lead new customer deployments as well as manage existing client requirements. The Head of Professional Services will work closely with the VP, WW Customer Success and Support and will play a critical role in defining the company's professional services implementation methodology and project success.
This Head of PS will also be responsible for strategic partner enablement to fulfill services on behalf of Hashicorp. The ideal candidate will have a successful background in project and SOW management with multiple simultaneous projects, be focused, outgoing, and professional with a technology background. The candidate will also be extremely organized, excellent with deadlines, and passionate about Customer Success. Head of PS is responsible for project success and accelerating deployment for Hashicorp products being implemented by the customer.
Define, optimize and manage Enterprise customer Implementation
- Generate Statements of Work (SOW) for customer engagements
- Collaborate with the Sales Leadership on positioning of implementation services. Head of PS will be responsible for revenue generation from implementation services.
- Define project scope, develop and manage project plans, determine necessary resources and establish project timelines.
- Effectively manage a bench of Hashicorp and Partner Professional Services Engineers.
- Meet regularly (on-site or zoom) with the client to determine service requirements and expectations for overall satisfaction.
- Ensure regular and timely communication with clients regarding product schedules and deliverables to enable project success.
- Recognize inefficiencies within processes and offer creative solutions to overcome them.
- Effectively build a scaleable PS organization to coincide with growing demand.
- Work to mitigate client risks and internal risks through comprehensive understanding of all downstream impacts of project components.
- Responsible for Partner enablement.
- Become the subject matter expert on HashiCorp products from a deployment point of view.
- Head of PS will strongly influence customer expansion.
Recruit, mentor, and inspire a world-class team
- Build a pipeline of great candidates and future employees.
- Ability to effectively build strategic partner resources.
- Set expectations on performance and give feedback as needed
- Set up training schedules and mentoring opportunities
- Drive performance standards to ensure team is performing at consistently high levels
Drive alignment with Sales Organization
- Align with Sales on implementation and up-sell strategy and focus on selling with a retention focus
- Align with Sales Operations on SOW’s and contracts
- Collaborate with Customer Success TAM’s during customer journey.
Drive alignment with Product and Enterprise Architecture teams at Hashicorp
- Continuously align with product roadmaps and keep implementation methodology current.
- Align with Enterprise Architecture team to adopt architecture reference guides, deployment guides and use cases to produce specific SOWs for individual customer deployments (Vault and Terraform).
Lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Provide status and updates to VP, Customer Success
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Support, Product, and others, to improve the overall customer experience
- Continuous Process improvements – implementation methodology, delivery, CS tools, journey management
- 15+ years of relevant experience in running effective services organizations, including writing and tracking SOWs.
- Experience in enterprise software release and customer success process.
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage.
- Understanding of DevOps and Cloud Automation deployment methodologies.
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment.
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve and exceed goals.
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies.
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service.
- Travel as needed - up to 50%.
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience. MS/MBA preferred.
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series C start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.