Product Manager, Nomad
Product Manager - Nomad Overview
Drive the development of the Nomad product line, OSS and Enterprise. Work with internal and external partners to define the roadmap, detail product requirements, and support go-to-market efforts. Work closely with the Nomad engineering team to support release cycles.
Nomad is HashiCorp's easy, flexible, and scalable container management product. Nomad users can own a diverse workload of micro-service, batch, containerized and legacy applications using a common workflow. Nomad integrates seamlessly with existing HashiCorp tools for infrastructure lifecycle management (Terraform), secrets management (Vault), and service discovery (Consul). Nomad has been gaining significant market traction with enterprises since the Nomad 0.7 release and the premiere of Nomad Enterprise last year.
HashiCorp is looking for people who have the core attributes to be successful product managers in the HashiCorp style. Attributes are more important than pre-existing skills.Responsibilities:
- Craft the product story by understanding the ecosystem landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from the open source community, enterprise customers, engineering, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Communicate roadmap status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Conduct user research, write clear product specifications, and plan sprints
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- Experience in open source is preferred but not required
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Go-to-market enablement
- Product strategy
- User research
- Market research
- Backlog management
- Project management
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.