Director of Product, Terraform
Director of Product, Terraform
San Francisco or Remote
As the Director of Product for Terraform, you will drive Terraform's product strategy to increase its open source growth and Terraform Enterprise's revenue. You will manage other product managers towards a common vision and mentor them to do their best work — user research, requirement definition, and roadmap creation.
Terraform is the world's most widely adopted multi-cloud provisioning tool. It has three primary use cases — infrastructure as code, multi-cloud management, and self-serve infrastructure. There are five product development workstreams within the Terraform product line — core practitioner workflow, ecosystem, producer / consumer, platform (enterprise), and governance (enterprise). As the Director of Product, you will manage a product manager for each of those workstreams.Responsibilities:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles. Engage with key customers and community members to drive roadmap
- Review and approve the roadmaps submitted by product managers
- Mentor product managers and give feedback on their work — user research, Product Requirement Documents (PRDs), field engagement, roadmaps
- Partner with the engineering team to deliver on roadmap
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Orchestrate technical sales training for pre-sales engineers
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- 7+ years of product management experience with infrastructure products
- 3+ years of managing other product managers
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
- Experience with SaaS products preferred but not required
- Experience with deep product design collaboration preferred but not required
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Please note we require a writing sample for your application to be considered complete. This writing sample can be a Product Requirements Document or similar document that showcases your ability to distil complex ideas into simple items that can be delivered by another team.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.