Software Engineer, Legal & Compliance
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
This role will be working on the Infrastructure & Engineering Services team. On this team, you will be working with other Release, Software, Infrastructure and Site Reliability Engineers.
This team supports each product group’s build, release, distribution, deployment and hosting of our products by applying the HashiCorp technology stack and guiding principles.This Position
This Software Compliance Engineer role will be the first of its kind at HashiCorp. You’ll be taking over the implementation and maintenance of several compliance initiatives around third-party library license and contributor license agreements. This role will work across many organizations to facilitate proper risk management and communication with Legal, Security and each of our Engineering teams. This role will help systematize the analysis, compliance and risk reports for both our open source and commercial software products.In this role, you can expect to:
- Own and manage the third-party license scanning tool set
- Help develop feedback loops for the engineering teams on builds and releases around software compliance
- Own and manage the contributor license agreement experience
- Work with Legal and Security to help identify and mitigate risks
- Work with our community of contributors to provide a positive experience
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience working with and coordinating between Engineering and Legal
- You are familiar with open source software licensing concerns
- You have experience managing contributor license agreements
- You are familiar with CI/CD pipelines
- You have an understanding of GitHub workflow
- You have experience integrating License or Security analysis tools into build pipelines
Please note we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether to apply, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.