Director - Managed Services
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
This role is designed to build and lead the operations for a HashiCorp managed services offering. Our goal is to deliver HashiCorp products, Vault, Consul, Nomad and Terraform as managed services taking the burden of deployment and ongoing management away from the customer thereby enabling rapid adoption. This person will be the bootstrapping player/coach for the engineering and operations team on this effort and will be responsible for foundational work that enables us to deliver and scale this offering over the next 12 months. The role includes a hands on component as well as further hiring and mentoring. We will be running our managed service offering on one or more Clouds.
In this role you can expect to:
- Work directly with various stakeholders for guidance on managed services direction
- Architect and deliver the Cloud blueprint required to deliver highly critical infrastructure services in a secure and compliant manner
- Develop Ops policies for monitoring and ongoing management (patching, upgrades, etc)
- Work with the trust and security team as well as legal and finance
- Hire and build a world class Engineering and Operations team
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have delivered large scale, mission critical, highly secure cloud services
- You are comfortable working with a range of operational tooling and have hands on experience with a variety of tooling
- You are well versed in the security and compliance policy aspect of delivering a mission critical service
- You have proven experience bootstrapping a similar project
Please note we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp with the Vault team, and what draws you to this role in particular.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether to apply, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.