Senior Director, Field Channel - North America
HashiCorp delivers a software suite for our users to provision, secure, and run any infrastructure for any application. We provide many of the world's most innovative companies with the infrastructure automation capabilities they need as they move to cloud. We are expanding our partnership footprint. We are investing heavily into strategic technology partnerships to scale revenues through partnerships. This team is a critical strategic growth pillar for the organization to help seize the tremendous DevOps and Digital Transformation opportunity. The Field Channel Director is a key member of the Channels team, reporting directly to the Vice President of Channels. This role requires an experienced and high energy Channel Sales leader with strong people skills and a proven ability to execute. This person will be responsible for all Cloud, SI and Reseller activity in their region ranging from partner identification, to recruitment, to enablement as well as partner account management. This role will also coordinate the engagement between their partners and the HashiCorp field organization.
This strategic role will be based out of our Headquarters in San Francisco.
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience operating at senior executive levels, has managed very impactful channel sales partnerships, and has a solid understanding of DevOps tooling, development requirements, and the full Enterprise software delivery lifecycle.
- A high business acumen is a must with the ability to translate how the DevOps technology platform compliments reseller/solution partner go-to-market offerings.
- Develop and execute North American joint business/revenue plans driving all aspects of the partner relationship including: executive interlocks, business development, partner on-boarding, partner enablement, internal sales trainings, Rules of Engagement, product certifications, roadmap alignment, partner marketing, and technical solution development.
- Manage and develop relationships with existing, and new channel sales alliance partnerships in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Candidate will directly manage the top 5-10 channel/solution partner relationships with responsibility managing the revenues these partnerships generate.
- Collaborate with internal teams to execute against the requirements for alignment with strategic partners resulting in differentiation and improved product offerings to the market.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to build and execute joint demand generation plans, with a focus on partner sourced deal generation.
- Support joint sales pursuit activities including field level account mappings, and deal closure assistance with our direct sales teams.
- Regular communication and evangelism promoting the success of the partnership.
- Lead regular business performance / relationship reviews with senior management.
- Build and design programs that can be implemented across geographies as well as KPIs to measure success on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Lead team of 6-10 Regional Channel Managers
- Develop/Expand Relationships with Global SIs
- Develop/Expand Relationships with National SIs
- Understanding of Public Sector sales, and developing a public sector distribution channel.
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue objectives.
- 10+ years in Channel sales and/or Strategic Alliance management or a business development sales role within the enterprise software ecosystem.
- Adept at moving quickly between low-level execution and high-level strategic thinking and organization.
- Superior relationship building skills across internal and partner stakeholders.
- Excellent executive communication and presentation skills.
- High business acumen with a sales, marketing, and solution development mindset.
- Capable of performing in a remote team environment.
- Contract negotiation and partnership conflict resolution skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and related work experience to meet the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to drive change with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestic with some small international travel.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.