It is the mission of the HashiCorp Developer Advocate to build relationships with our incredible community of developers, advocating in dual parts for the tools and the developers. This role will advocate on behalf of the practitioner, inside HashiCorp, to provide feedback on bugs and feature requests, build supporting tools, write documentation, and improve the overall developer experience. This role is all about representing and supporting the HashiCorp developer community, and we are looking for someone who can share their passion for our products while leading the way in the DevOps space.
As a Developer Advocate, you will focus your activities on adoption, education, enablement, and product as functions of engineering.We want you to:
- Define and drive our HashiCorp community and developer adoption with the HashiCorp suite of tools
- Deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, technical blogs, and discussions to drive adoption of HashiCorp products
- Build demos, webinars, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
- Collaborate with internal teams on the product roadmap, market positioning, messaging and developer program initiatives
- Support the product team in helping to analyze, update, re-design and craft compelling web and online experiences and easy learning opportunities for developers aiming to get started with HashiCorp tools.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at technology conferences, trade shows, and press events
- Maintain a strong and credible presence in social media channels meaningful to developers and operators
- Scale, extend and drive global expansion of existing community focused programs, for example: Hackathons, User Groups, Meet-ups, Community and DevOps events.
- Build relationships with community enthusiasts in the field to improve the experience of the open source developer community
- Share standard methodologies and help build a best-in-the-industry Advocacy organization
- Assist in the development of and improvement of community-focused programs like our Diversity Scholarship program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers
- Experience writing code, contributing to, and understanding of the community mechanisms of open source projects
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Willing to travel to conferences, meetups, and other events
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.