Product Reliability Engineer, Consul
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.About the role and team
This role will join the Engineering Services team as a product reliability engineer to focus on the needs of our Consul product and how it integrates with Vault, Nomad, and Terraform. You will be embedded with the Consul engineering team day-to-day and participate in their delivery and workflow. You will lead our quality efforts by enabling the team with integration and performance testing frameworks and train engineers on utilizing those workflows.
The Product Reliability Engineer role will help improve the product experience for our users by ensuring we develop pragmatic and automated testing solutions as part of the development and release process. This role will have an impact on both the open source and enterprise experiences by integrating tight feedback loops and improving quality and consistency to the product that contributes to the overall success of Consul.In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with the Consul team to identify high value testing opportunities
- Propose, build, and train the team on automated testing frameworks, replacing or building on top of current testing solutions
- Collaborate with Release Engineers to integrate test frameworks into the build process
- Improve the feedback for both open source contributor and internal code contributions
- Advocate and help build systems for performance testing Consul as it scales
- Help Software Engineers identify testing opportunities in our design and development process by advocating for a testing culture
- Help drive the right quality metrics and risk assessment for releases
- You have experience with one or more test automation frameworks
- You have an understanding of integration testing with complex system lifecycles
- You have an understanding of performance testing
- You are comfortable integrating automated testing into CI/CD pipelines
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts, ecosystem, and tooling (prior experience with Vault, Consul or Nomad is a big plus!)
- You have a passion for automation, testing, and documentation
Please note we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp with the Vault team, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.