Product Reliability Engineering Manager
Product Reliability Engineering at HashiCorp is a new organization that we are in the process of bootstrapping. We view Product Reliability Engineering as a highly technical discipline that ensures a high quality delivery of our products. It’s important to note that Product Reliability Engineering does not replace the testing and automation that software engineers on each product are responsible for; instead it augments by ensuring that we have engineers with a full time goal of testing our products at the scale and usage patterns that our customers deploy them.
This is Engineering Manager role that provides an exciting opportunity to be instrumental in bootstrapping this effort, from a strategy, process and people perspective. You will be responsible for collaborating across teams to define product reliability engineering strategy and process. You will also be building a team and providing coaching and mentoring to team members.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Hire and grow a small team in a fast-growing organization
- Coach and support engineers to enable testing automation across a range of requirements (integration, longevity, hardening, etc)
- Work directly with the engineering managers and leads for HashiCorp products to establish strategy and process
- Work with our customer success and sustaining engineering teams to drive prioritization
- Bring a deeply technical engineering culture to product reliability engineering
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You’ve managed or supported engineers on large or small teams
- You’re familiar with service-oriented architectures, and ideally have worked on teams testing, deploying or maintaining them
- You have a passion for automation, the unix philosophy, and small, concise tools
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.