Chief Security Officer
San Francisco or Remote USA
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
As Chief Security Officer, you will be responsible for building and leading a world-class, highly technical organization with deep security expertise. Our goal is to build a security organization that works closely with various internal organizations and protects our business from security threats.
We are looking for a leader who has deep experience in security, in particular application security (e.g., software scanning and analysis, penetration testing, security incident management) and Cloud/SaaS/Managed Services operations security (e.g., compliance controls, security monitoring).
In this role, you can expect to:
- Hire, manage, and lead a team of highly technical security engineers to implement top notch application security practices e.g., internal red team, pen test, code scans, etc.
- Develop and continually improve processes, procedures, activities, metrics and enabling technology for all product security and business operations functions including incident management and response processes
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Managed Services to ensure security and compliance is designed into the offering to minimize risk of security breaches
- Collaborate with functional leads and engineering management to implement processes, metrics, and technology
- Influence and grow a security-aware culture within the company and in particular engineering
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in world-class technical security organizations
- Built and managed a team of 20+ engineers and program managers
- Deep passion for security and demonstrated track record of growth in security organizations
- Security and compliance experience with managed or cloud (consumer, platforms or SaaS) services
- Strong focus on execution
- Domain experience in Cloud Infrastructure automation (beneficial but not required)
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.