Information Systems Engineer
Information Systems Engineer
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO HQ (Local Candidates only please)
HashiCorp is looking for a high-caliber IT Systems Engineer who will provide both support to our employees and help grow the infrastructure that helps us scale! The role requires significant hands-on experience, as this person will be working on long-term projects as well as handling day-to-day user support.
Working with the Director of IT, the Systems Engineer will be a key member of the IT Team, and will operate as a trusted advisor and primary resource for end-user support, as well as multi-functional support for both technical and non-technical groups at HashiCorp. You will be comfortable in a dynamic environment with significant and exciting change.
- Perform analysis of systems and identify problem areas, identify ways of improving existing systems.
- Work with other team members to monitor, analyze system components and make recommendations regarding system security, network capacity.
- Design, build, configure and tackle problems with workstation technology management platforms (including, but not limited to, JAMF for macOS management).
- Manage physical infrastructure for an office of up to 100 employees, including Meraki WiFi/switching, enterprise document management solutions, printing/scanning configuration, videoconferencing and VoIP.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Development/QA and other functional group to roll out and adopt new services/platforms.
- Be an authority for macOS and Windows systems design, integration, and interoperability.
- Provide hands-on support for users of various technical backgrounds, both here in San Francisco as well as for users around the globe.
- Integrate the various SaaS platforms that our end users use daily with SAML providers as needed.
- Support the on-boarding and off-boarding of new HashiCorp employees, as well as the infrastructure to automate these processes.
- Perform hardware procurement for staff and set-up hardware repair with third-party vendors such as Apple, Dell and Lenovo.
- 7+ years of experience with MacOS and working knowledge of Linux and Windows.
- 7+ years of experience with hands-on user support in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of experience of hardware component concepts, storage, load balancing, firewalls, server class hardware, and clustering solutions
- 5+ years of experience administering enterprise SaaS applications such as Salesforce, Google Apps and Dropbox
- 3+ years of experience with JAMF, including package building, policy enforcement and user training
- 3+ years of experience tracking tickets via ZenDesk, JIRA or other enterprise ticketing systems
- Understanding of network and infrastructure services concepts such as DNS, NTP, DHCP, and SNMP
- Ability to think holistically for a given project or problem
- Creative problem solving and aptitude for systems thinking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical staff and management.
- Experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgement and diplomacy required.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- Datacenter cabling, racking experience.
- Moderate lifting/physical activity (up to 50 lbs.), scheduled night/weekend work as needed. Incumbent may be on call to provide support services during off-hours.
- Key attributes required - Sense of humor, kindness, humility and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree is helpful, but not required.
- Industry-standard certifications such as CCNA, Google IT Certification, RHCE or Server+ are preferred, but not required.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.