Senior Manager, Events and Experiential Marketing
Location: San Francisco CA
HashiCorp is seeking a Senior Events & Experiential Marketing Manager to help build-out and scale the events & experiential marketing programs for HashiCorp. This role will be responsible for owning programs tied to our external brand experiences for our customers and our open source community (HashiConf, HashiConf EU, HashiDays), as well as our internal company culture events. The ideal candidate will have a track record of managing complex events and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as familiarity with project management software such as Asana and marketing automation tools such as Marketo.
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. As a result, our events play a big role in how we interact with our community and our customers. We provide many of the world's most innovative companies with the infrastructure automation tools they need as they move to cloud. All of our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers in everything we do.
This is a full-time, Bay Area or New York based position and will report to the Director of Events & Experiential Marketing.
- Work in collaboration with the team on large-scale brand experiences including HashiConf and HashiConf EU, HashiCorp’s annual technology and user conferences, and HashiDays, regional practitioner experiences and HashiCorp Exchange, the annual employee summit.
- Own strategy, planning and execution of programs tied to our large internal event and external brand events, such as: content, event sponsorships, staffing, sales management across our brand experiences, trade shows, and internal culture events.
- Work collaboratively across other departments to ensure initiatives and goals are aligned, teams are working effectively together, and deadlines are met.
- Build strong and strategic relationships with external vendors, associations, and industry partners.
- Be able to build for scale in both the programs you will run and the processes for delivering them, using internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Must be comfortable with numbers. Metrics and budget tracking are extremely important (It’s OK if you’re not a master at this, but you will need basic Excel/Google Sheets skills and the ability to learn quickly)
- Use project management software to manage all logistics leading up to, during, and post-event.
- Work with other departments to ensure goal, content, and messaging alignment.
- Manage the contracts and invoices of all vendors, from start to finish.
- Your responsibilities may shift as company priorities shift, so flexibility is critical for success.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 4 + years of experience working in event management preferably in the B2B, high-tech space.
- Very strong project management skills, detail-oriented, and ability to think strategically and ahead of schedule.
- Experience with project management software such as Asana, Trello, or Jira.
- Familiarity with marketing automation software like Marketo.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively across different types of teams in a remote environment — including business development, marketing, community, developer advocates, engineering, sales, and high-level executives.
- Ability to manage several projects at once. We participate in approximately 5 - 8 trade shows a year, two big brand experiences for our partners and customers, and one internal company event for the staff. All of these events have specific requirements and strict deadlines to adhere to.
- Experience in remote communication tools such as Slack, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills in a fast-paced environment. You’ll hit the ground running from day one.
- Ability to participate in travel, up to 25%
- Start-up experience preferred.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.