Technical Product Marketing Manager
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
HashiCorp is seeking a Technical Product Marketing Manager to help with HashiCorp Vault, our product for managing secrets and protecting sensitive data. This role will be a key part of our Vault Product Marketing team, will assist with go-to-market strategy and activities around Vault, and will own building technical content for the product.
The ideal candidate will be someone with experience using HashiCorp products who can also build technical content, including demos, tutorials, competitive battlecards and insights, presentations, technical white papers, and more. This role will report to the Vault product marketing lead.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Content creation — use your domain knowledge, technical expertise, and understanding of the security space to create content to help customers learn what problems Vault solves and how it can help them. Content should be easily consumable, simple, accurate, and polished, and will be featured product content on our web properties and in our sales process to help educate our users and customers.
- Cross-team collaboration — This role will work with engineering, product, and sales engineering (SE) teams to deliver slide decks, tutorials, demos, videos, and technical white papers that align with our go-to-market initiatives.
- Content evangelism — this role will own educating sales and SE teams on the availability and usability of the content. It is especially important to keep content up-to-date and consistently discoverable.
- Sales enablement — During sales enablement training sessions, showcase content and work closely with sales teams to iteratively gather feedback and build the roadmap to enhance content and develop what’s missing.
- Product launch content — Work with the Vault Product Marketing lead to deliver technical content updates that align with the announcement of product releases.
- Competitive analysis and market intelligence — establish an understanding of key competitors in the space and incorporate differentiated value into the Vault technical content and sales enablement materials.
- Technical partnerships & ecosystem — Understand the ecosystem of partners and the architecture of how Vault integrates with these partners and other DevOps and cloud tools, and incorporate that into Vault product content
You may be a good fit if you have:
- BS in CS/CE or equivalent technical degree preferred
- 3-5 years of technical product marketing experience with at least 3 years experience in a technical or field-facing role related to cloud, infrastructure, or IT operations.
- Industry / technology expertise is required in several of the following areas: Cloud, security, cryptography, privileged access management, encryption, secrets management, identity and access management, authentication and authorization
- Ability to quickly learn about new technologies and ability to compare functionality and evaluate feature parity
- Ability to write strong, effective technical content (white papers, technical briefs, test reports, etc.) for external audiences with a balance of technical accuracy, strategy, and clear messaging.
- Ability to work in Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides, necessary demo software. Ability to work in design tools such as Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Ability to comfortably present and demo our products in front of internal and external audiences (large and small, live and recorded)
- Some travel required for customer interaction and HashiCorp and industry events
- Deep customer focus and understanding needed to build materials that resonate with customers
- Strong ability to take a project from idea to execution
- Excellent communication skills
HashiCorp celebrates diversity and welcomes equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.