Product Manager, Learning Platform
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
The HashiCorp learning platform is HashiCorp’s public-facing publishing resource for practitioners who want to become proficient using the entire HashiCorp toolset, including Terraform, Vault, Consul, Nomad, Packer, and Vagrant. Having achieved its initial launch in the Fall of 2018, it will expand to equip engineering teams and prepare practitioners to pass upcoming HashiCorp certification exams. The learning platform includes text, code, audio/video, and interactive experiences for practitioners at all stages of their devops careers.
Given that the learning platform is a part of a greater documentation ecosystem that includes API documentation, blog posts, slide decks, and other resources, you will work together with engineers and other staff who create documentation of all kinds. You will work together with engineering staff to coordinate search and discovery functionality across all learning resources and reference documentation. You will drive the development of the HashiCorp learning platform at https://learn.hashicorp.com/, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across marketing, engineering, design, UX, and sales. You will also work closely with the marketing web development team to support release cycles.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from enterprise customers, engineering, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners
- Keep sales and marketing teams updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc.)
- Define the product roadmap and strategy
- Lead sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer or devops products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Experience organizing multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Understanding of the value of education and the need for training through all phases of a career
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of DevOps and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Ability to explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #L1-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.