Product Manager, Terraform Enterprise, SaaS Growth
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Terraform Enterprise is HashiCorp’s infrastructure provisioning automation service; the GitHub equivalent for operators. It is available as a SaaS or private install and provides collaboration and governance capabilities. For teams of operators, it enables collaboration on infrastructure and a central registry to publish and discover infrastructure modules. For organizations, it enables policy and governance to expertly provision at scale.
The Terraform Enterprise SaaS growth team is responsible for the user growth for the SaaS offering. This includes all aspects onboarding, billing, user analytics, funnel analysis, and coordinating marketing campaigns with the growth marketing team. You will work with users who are Terraform practitioners and be actively involved in understanding their needs.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Terraform practitioners, engineering, growth marketing, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- Work closely with the Terraform Enterprise engineering team to support iterative release cycles in order to build a high-scale SaaS offering.
- Define the product roadmap and strategy
- Write product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Lead sales engineers and support education sessions
- Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of DevOps, SaaS and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be #L1-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.