HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
As the first UX Researcher (UXR) at HashiCorp, in addition to influencing our products, you'll have a unique opportunity to help define what our research program at HashiCorp looks like. In this role, through your dedication to understanding our users needs and behaviours, you will empower teams across Design, Product Management, and Engineering to deliver the best user experience possible. You will not just be delivering reports though. In order to have the greatest impact, you will aid and support those teams ability to engage with users directly.
Our Product Design team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.In this role, you can expect to:
- Help everyone at HashiCorp focus on the user
- Work closely with product teams to identify meaningful research questions
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights, delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings, that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Partner with design, product management, engineering, and other technical roles to conduct and share research in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Be a leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the people who use our products
- BA, BS, or MS in Psychology, HCI, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, or similar field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience doing research in consumer / enterprise software
- Knowledge of qualitative and user-centered research methods (e.g., interviewing, surveys, ethnography, co-design, concept-testing, heuristic evaluations etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Experience building and operating a comprehensive research program; screening and recruiting participants; scheduling; data collection; and analysis and organization of that data.
- Experience building a UX research team
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.