Software Engineer, Terraform Enterprise
HashiCorp builds DevOps tools for modern applications. We build open source tools, and we also build enterprise products on top of them. The HashiCorp suite empowers organizations to provision hybrid cloud infrastructure, secure secrets across distributed applications, and run dynamic resources.About HashiCorp
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
HashiCorp’s Terraform is an open source project that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the CLI. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared among team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
Terraform Enterprise is built on top of our open source project Terraform. Terraform Enterprise is the best way to collaborate, validate, and execute Terraform in organizations large and small. Check out our demo to learn more.
Our backend application includes Go services, a core Rails application, as well as an Ember.js front end. Terraform Enterprise is deployed to customers in a multi-tenant SaaS environment and as a single-tenant installation within private networks.In this role, you can expect to:
- Build, iterate on, and ship features to make working with Terraform Enterprise a phenomenal experience for HashiCorp customers
- Work on all backend services responsible for Terraform Enterprise, including a core Rails application and essential Go microservices
- Contribute to a complex front-end application built with Ember.js
- Help own operations, reliability, availability, and security of the SaaS and private installations
- You have experience running and contributing to a high scale Rails application
- You have experience architecting microservices in a lower-level language like Go
- You have experience running, testing, and contributing to an Ember.js (or similar) application
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem
- You have experience using Terraform
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp on Terraform Enterprise, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.