Product Designer, Cloud Services
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
The Cloud Services team is a newly created organization working towards delivering our software as a Cloud service. This effort will enable a distribution model wherein customers can use a fully managed service with an API contract. As a Product Designer working on Cloud Services, you’ll collaborate deeply with product management, engineering, as well as your follow designers. You'll combine research and ideation to provide our users with effective solutions to complex challenges. You should be self-starter who thinks clearly, articulates design decisions effectively, and values execution.
Our Product Design team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate early and often with engineers and product managers
- Lead design projects and present your work to stakeholders and customers
- Deliver user-centered designs (including user flows, wireframes, and prototypes) informed by user and market research
- Distill complicated problems and complex data models into highly usable and efficient UI experiences
- Collaborate with other designers to build and maintain a shared design language
- Have a minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Have experience designing SaaS B2B tools
- Employ a process and have a portfolio that demonstrates this fact in both design and writing
- Clearly articulate design decisions and rationale through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work iteratively driven by feedback loops and critique
- Think in systems and patterns
- Thrive in a highly technical space
- Have a positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Be familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- Understand, and have even implemented, designs in code
- Use the latest prototyping tools to make your work come to life
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.