Revenue Accounting Manager
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc..
The Finance team is seeking a Revenue Accounting Manager to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization in our San Francisco office. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of revenue responsibilities within an operating company and wants exposure to accounting and finance in a hyper growth technology company.A successful candidate thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, and high energy company.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Review software and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) sales contracts for compliance and revenue implications under ASC 606
- Lead the month-end revenue close by validating accruals, preparing revenue and deferred commission account reconciliations, journal entries, conducting fluctuation analyses and reporting disclosures
- Provide insight on the appropriate revenue recognition for large or complex contracts with customers
- Work closely with Sales Operations and Deals Desk to streamline the order to cash processes and improve efficiency
- Draft or maintain accounting memos for both revenue and deferred commissions including write-ups on large and complex deals
- Assist in revenue system implementations
- Assist in the internal control and process development
- Exposure to complex software and SaaS revenue recognition contracts under ASC 606
- System implementation and project management experience
- Support from finance management team that has years of technical accounting and revenue experience
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related concentration
- 4 - 5 years public accounting experience including software and SaaS revenue recognition experience under ASC 606
- Experience working with NetSuite a plus
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills
- Experience in software, SaaS or technology industry
- Intermediate experience in MS Office Suite
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #L1-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.