Product Design Apprentice
On the Consul team, we help organizations with service discovery, configuration management, and health monitoring. Ecosystem engineering includes contributing to the range of open source tools and integrations we have developed to help Consul solve problems for operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Design at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
As a Product Design Apprentice for Consul at HashiCorp, you’ll work with the Senior Product Designer to create a user-friendly UI for a highly technical tool. You’ll also collaborate with the rest of the Product Design team on the growing design system, user studies, cross product integrations, and more.
The Product Design Apprenticeship is new at HashiCorp. It is a full-time position and includes benefits. In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too. Please provide a link to your product design portfolio (preferably includes case studies) in your cover letter or resume.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Distill complex data models and CLI user flows into simple and efficient browser-based UI experiences
- Conduct user research with devops technologists around the world
- Collaborate on a growing design system to share patterns across HashiCorp tools
- Receive mentorship on any areas of growth you’re looking for, and share your own expertise in areas of strength you bring to the team
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- Emulate the HashiCorp principles
- Show excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a product design portfolio with case studies, even if the portfolio is light in experience or filled with student projects
- Are comfortable working with highly technical team members and end users alike
- Are familiar with prototyping tools and user testing methods
- Are aware of some of your strengths and weaknesses, able to state what areas you would like mentorship on
As a bonus, you may additionally:
- Be familiar with or interested in open source communities, cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, or developer tooling
- Have experience conducting user research (remote user testing, survey research, usability testing, field research)
- Have experience with data visualization
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.