Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
HashiCorp delivers a software suite for users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application. We provide many of the world's most innovative companies with the infrastructure automation capabilities they need as they move to cloud.
The Finance team is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization in San Francisco, CA. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of responsibilities within an operating company and wants exposure to accounting and finance in a hyper growth technology company. A successful candidate thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, and high energy company.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Research complex transactions to identify accounting risks and recommend appropriate accounting
- Review recurring accounting areas subject to estimates, judgments, and complexity (e.g. capitalized software, stock-based compensation, and deferred commissions) for appropriate accounting
- Draft or maintain technical accounting memos for existing and new accounting pronouncements (e.g. the new lease standard)
- Assist with the review and preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prepare documentation of key accounting issues for management
- Assist in system implementations
- Assist in internal control and process development
- Monitor finance team's compliance with internal control requirements
- Exposure to complex accounting questions and technical research
- System implementation and project management experience
- Support from finance management team that has years of technical accounting experience
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related concentration
- 3 - 4 years Big 4 experience and 1 – 2 years of experience in a financial reporting or SEC reporting role
- Experience with SEC reporting and XBRL a plus
- Experience working with NetSuite a plus
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills
- Experience in software or technology industry
- Intermediate experience in MS Office Suite
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.