Engineering Manager, Billing and Identity
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.This Position
This role is designed to build an engineering team that will deliver internal APIs necessary for our Cloud services. The scope of this position is to focus on the user identity and billing systems required to support the launch of HashiCorp Cloud services. This person will be the bootstrapping player/coach for the engineering and operations team for the user identity and billing services. The role includes a hands on component as well as further hiring and mentoring.In this role you can expect to:
- Work directly with various stakeholders for guidance on requirements for the services
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Develop Ops policies for monitoring and ongoing management (patching, upgrades, audit requests, etc)
- Work with the trust and security team as well as legal and finance
- Hire and build a world class Engineering and Operations team
- Ensure high reliability of the product through thoughtful testing and release practices
- You have delivered similar solutions for user identity and billing for a SaaS/Cloud service including handling of PII data
- You are well versed in the security and compliance policy aspect of user identities and payments
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- You've worked with engineers utilizing, or worked with, low-level programming languages
- You have proven experience bootstrapping a similar project and building strong teams
Please note we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp to build this team, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.