Head of Total Rewards
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
The Head of Total Rewards & Systems leads the design and delivery of innovative programs in compensation, benefits, wellness and systems in alignment with HashiCorp’s vision (the Tao of HashiCorp) and principles. As the company continues its growth trajectory, this role serves as a strategic partner to company leadership and plays a key role in maintaining and enhancing HashiCorp’s culture through progressive and competitive rewards and benefits programs and systems that ease administration, enhance the organization’s people analytics and create a delightful employee experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Articulates a vision for Total Rewards that supports HashiCorp’s growth strategy, principles and culture.
- Work with the internal and board compensation committees to evolve our worldwide compensation and benefits philosophy, strategy, gain alignment and adjust our practices
- Continuously improves a compensation framework that is fair and competitive.
- Provides advice to the HashiCorp’s leadership and HR teams on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Develops the overall strategy for HashiCorp’s benefits program, implements communication strategy for benefit plans and partners with HR team to advise and counsel both employees and candidates on HashiCorp’s offerings.
- Actively consults and advises on rewards and benefits plan design changes whether government mandated or initiated/driven by the company. Ensures the organization is current and up to date as it relates to trends in employee total rewards.
- Designs, implements and supports HR systems with the goal of leveraging technology and adopting best practices to improve overall HR efficiency and deliver actionable analytics.
- Leads, mentors and develops Total Rewards & HR Systems team.
- Ensures Total Rewards & HR Systems team members are focused on identifying opportunities to leverage technology to automate processes.
- Develops people analytics, metrics, scorecards and decision support tools.
- Ensures compensation and benefits programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience leading compensation, benefits and HRIS functions in a high growth environment.
- Significant Executive level, Compensation Committee and Board of Director level experience
- Experience managing complex HRIS implementation projects. Workday experience a plus.
- Ability to scale systems and processes in a high-growth, high-change environment.
- Ability to toggle between the 10 foot and 10,000 foot view of challenges or projects
- Demonstrated ability to balance strategic thinking with detailed focus on execution.
- Strong business acumen and analytical mindset with the ability to lead, implement, and facilitate change.
- Professional, interpersonal and cultural skills and ability to establish early and lasting trust, credibility and rapport at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Customer-focused and ability to motivate and influence key decision makers.
- Approachable, highly engaged management style.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptive; embraces the challenges of change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience Certified by World at Work (Certified Compensation Professional – CCP; Certified Benefits Professional CBP) and/or CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) certification is a plus.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-NR1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.