Senior Director, Support Engineering - North America
Senior Director, Support Engineering
Location: San Francisco Headquarters
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
HashiCorp is a series D start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and also helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
About the Role
HashiCorp is seeking a Sr. Director, Customer Support Engineering. This strategic role will be based in our San Francisco Headquarters and will report to the VP of Worldwide Customer Success & Support.
In this role, the Sr. Director, Customer Support will lead the US team of Support Engineers for all products - Terraform, Vault, Consul, Nomad. This role will also be managing Cloud Services Support (first-line or second-line) as well as Federal account support.
This role will closely collaborate with our International Support Director in EMEA and APAC. This is imperative for seamless execution of support workflows globally and 24/7. You will have the opportunity to work with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team.
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
In this role, you can expect to:
Manage a large North America Support team which provides 24/7 support with assistance from our EMEA and APAC support teams.
- Process development and improvements
- Handle customer critical issues - facilitate cross team collaboration between TAM and Support
- 24/7 On-call escalation management
- Carry out weekly Triage of hot issues for each of the four products in collaboration with product management and Engineering
- Build Cloud Services support teams in the US and possibly in other locations
Recruit, mentor, and inspire an extraordinary team and build and lead a capacity plan
- Build a pipeline of phenomenal candidates and future employees
- Set up training schedules and mentoring opportunities
- Drive performance standards to ensure team is performing at consistently high levels
- Forecast capacity needs and performance against that capacity
SLA Management and assist with definitions of Support policies
- EOL and Support Lifecycle
- SLA definitions
Own and lead key Processes and CSAT metrics for your team
- Process Ownership for Escalation Management, SLA Compliance, 24/7 handoff, Triage of issues, and overall On-Call process
Lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Provide status and updates to VP, WW Customer Success & Support
- Continuous Process improvement – Support tools, Support SLAs, Analytics, Reporting
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 20+ years relevant experience in Technical Support or Customer Success functions. Technology start-up experience a plus
- 10+ years’ direct experience leading a team of Support/Success engineers either Globally or in the US
- Experience in enterprise software release and support processes
- Expertise in Open source and SaaS is a plus
- Experience and participation within the DevOps community and Cloud technologies
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve and exceed goals
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, Multi-Cloud operations, security, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms.
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Terraform, Vault is a plus as well as knowledge of DevOps tooling
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure is a major advantage.
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to key enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Some Travel as needed - up to 25%
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-JN1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.