Regional VP, Federal Sales
Regional VP, Federal Sales
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
The Federal RVP is a Sales Leadership function that leads a team of Federal Account Managers responsible for developing, managing and closing business within large targeted government accounts (DoD, INTEL and Civilian). This role will be responsible for managing the sales process around the complete HashiCorp portfolio of software products.
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- At least 7 years formal sales leadership experience building and leading high performance sales teams that deliver overachievement. Proven experience in recruiting, developing, and leading professional sales teams of 5 or more people.
- High career trajectory and potential.
- Consistent overachievement in previous performance and results.
- Possess well-developed communication and presentation skills; able to communicate at the CxO level.
- Significant Enterprise Sales and strategic customer development experience
- Physically reside in the geography you would be leading
- Experience in Open Source Software and DevOps business models is preferred but not required, proficient in concepts around Cloud and infrastructure is a minimum
- Track record in closing large, complex deals across the largest government verticals
- Creation and execution of quarterly and annual business plans
- History of accurate forecasting and business reporting
- Significant experience in selling disruptive technology into focused markets
- Experience in working with Salesforce and other sales oriented tracking tools
- Active Security Clearance for DOD and IC roles preferred
- Prior experience selling to the Federal government required
Lead a team of Federal Account Managers in the U.S. who:
- Engage new and existing Open Source users of HashiCorp to provide value around how users can be more successful with our technology portfolio
- Engage in significant Outbound activity. Making use of the tools available (yesware, discoverorg, Sales navigator, etc.)
- Recruit and hire top talent providing career development and performance management so that team members meet and/or exceed quota.
- Build a solid operating cadence and team/individual focus around pipeline, forecasting, deal review, sales execution, deployment and revenue realization.
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Align the overall HashiCorp solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution and value selling to existing customer base and new prospects
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure strategic sales commitments
- Create a healthy pipeline of revenue and new logos for your target accounts.
- Accurately forecast business on a quarterly cadence
- Travel is required
- Correctly estimate qualifying opportunities based on BANT
- Effectively and timely communicate with management, legal and deal desk to ensure proper execution of documents and correct process; and follow instructions or recommendations set by these teams and company management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.