Sr. Director, Partner Marketing
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
HashiCorp is looking for a marketing leader to work with our growing ecosystem of partners to accelerate adoption and sales of the HashiCorp products. You will build out a small but growing team to work with our strategic cloud partners (AWS, Microsoft, Google, etc.), as well as expand the joint marketing activities with the ecosystem of ISV partners around each of our commercial products (Terraform, Vault, Consul, Nomad) and in support of our growing channel efforts.
You have a strong balance of relationship building, program management, content creation, and team management. Close collaboration and consensus-building with Product Management, Alliances, Channels, other parts of Marketing, and the Sales teams will be critical for success. This is a full-time position ideally based in San Francisco, but remote locations will be considered. The role will report to the VP of Marketing and will include a moderate amount of travel.In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with the HashiCorp Alliances team to build strong relationships with the cloud partners, enable joint marketing programs to drive adoption, leverage and amplify our messaging, and build HashiCorp sales pipeline
- Drive our participation in cloud partner-led marketing programs (e.g. digital marketing, case studies, and webinars/workshops)
- Work with Product Management, Product Marketing, and Alliances to identify the key ecosystem partners for each HashiCorp product line and accelerate joint marketing programs to support adoption and pipeline-building efforts
- Build a team with product-focused knowledge around each HashiCorp product line to work with our partners to drive the ecosystem growth and standardization around our products
- Source and develop content that aligns with HashiCorp company and product messaging for use in joint partner marketing efforts
- Provide consistent, on-going, and programmatic communication to various partner constituencies, including large cloud partners and channel partners.
- Grow our brand awareness and accelerate internal enablement inside our partners
- Leverage MDF programs with key partners to build out co-marketing and go-to-market activities
- Partner with Alliance leads and Corporate Communications to announce and bring industry attention to important joint releases of products and integrations. Lead similar efforts internally
- Partner with the HashiCorp Community team to leverage resources from HashiCorp and various partners in creating compelling content and driving community adoption
- Partner with the HashiCorp Revenue Marketing team to generate partner-sourced leads that align to our demand generation and go-to-market programs. Stay connected as needed with Field and Channel Marketing programs that include partners.
- Work closely with the HashiCorp Events & Experiential Team to support our presence and marketing efforts around cloud partner trade shows and events
- Jointly deliver our annual Partner Summit activities at HashiConf and HashiConf EU, alongside the Alliances and Channels teams
- Provide guidance, input, and oversight for partner-led material creation (e.g. blogs, press releases, briefs, etc.)
- Work with partners and HashiCorp Corporate Communications to deliver joint customer use cases, awards, and competency achievements
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with external partners and internal stakeholders
- Ability to set and drive the strategic direction of the Partner Marketing function through smart, targeted tactics
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to implement cross-company and cross-team processes and reporting measured success of partner marketing plans
- Orchestrate successful joint marketing programs across partner and internal HashiCorp teams
- Working knowledge of software infrastructure, automation, DevOps, and multi-cloud concepts and trends
- Experience with open source business model and corresponding implications for partnerships is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10-15 years of alliance program management and/or partner marketing experience
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.