Engineering Manager, Engineering Services
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.About Team
The HashiCorp Engineering Services team is committed to supporting all of our product teams in their delivery of high-quality software, which meets all of the obligations of our contributors, practitioners, and customers. Engineering Services support the product teams in three key areas: release engineering, software compliance, and internal systems and tooling. Our team members specialize in one of the three areas and several team members are embedded on a product team to help improve the delivery of the product.
This Engineering Manager role will join our Engineering Services team with a focus on managing our Release Engineering efforts. Your team will be mostly embedded with other product teams. You will work with those teams to help with meeting our release process and developer experience objectives.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, or the Netherlands. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Coach and support team members' growth and development in their roles
- Develop the team’s ability to improve and iterate on our existing systems and processes
- Plan and advocate for goals and projects with each of the product teams
- Help drive forward a release engineering practice that provides for quality, speed, and joy
- Pragmatically drive our multiple products towards a single CI system and processes
- Continuously work towards maturing our team effectiveness
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You’ve managed or supported engineers on large or small teams
- You’re familiar with continuous improvement and delivery
- You have familiarity with Bash, Python, Ruby, or Go
- You strongly agree that iteration is the key towards delivery and risk reduction
- You have a passion for the unix philosophy, and small, concise tools
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect to how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-XX1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.