Software Engineer, Frontend
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.About the Team
This role is for Software Engineering on one of the Vault, Nomad, or Consul teams at HashiCorp. Each of these teams works on both open source and enterprise version of each tool with a focus on stability, reliability, performance, and security. Our infrastructure tools are used in critical environments and operated by a range of organizations and individuals to solve infrastructure management problems.
We are looking for experienced Frontend Software Engineers to improve on our existing web interface. You will help design, prototype, and implement core features in the UI alongside our dedicated frontend engineering and design teams.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to build, iterate, and ship new features
- Work closely with frontend engineers across teams spanning the HashiCorp product line, coordinating and collaborating on design decisions and standard methodologies
- Interact directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers, and represent HashiCorp well to the open source community
- Drive software engineering best practices, such as automated testing, cross-browser testing, CI/CD, documentation, and more
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- A passion for user experience
- Comfort with HTML, templating languages such as Handlebars and ERB, and CSS (including preprocessors such as SASS)
Optional, but nice to have:
- Direct experience with Ember.js
- Worked on websites with real-time features (e.g., web sockets, server-sent events, long-polling)
- Experience thinking about data and data visualization
- Golang experience, if you are interested in occasionally contributing to Consul backend code
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.