Software Engineer, Consul Frontend
We help organizations with service discovery, configuration management, and service connectivity. To do so, we develop and maintain the Consul tool. The customers and large community of users of our tools are operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers that encounter novel performance, scaling, and usability challenges that we help them solve. Consul has recently released versions that help direct and manage Layer 7 HTTP traffic, route across clouds and networks, and solve challenging access control and security problems.
We are looking for experienced Frontend Software Engineers to improve on our existing web interface (demo.consul.io). You will help design, prototype, and implement core features in the UI alongside our dedicated frontend engineering and design teams.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to build, iterate, and ship new features to make using the Consul UI a fantastic experience
- Work closely with frontend engineers across teams spanning the HashiCorp product line, coordinating and collaborating on design decisions and standard methodologies
- Interact directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers, and represent HashiCorp well to the Consul open source community
- Drive software engineering best practices, such as automated testing, cross-browser testing, CI/CD, documentation, and more
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You are passionate about user experience
- You are comfortable with HTML, templating languages such as Handlebars and ERB, and CSS (including preprocessors such as SASS)
Some optional, nice to have experience you may have:
- You have direct experience with Ember.js
- You have worked on websites with real-time features (e.g., web sockets, server-sent events, long-polling)
- You have experience thinking about data and data visualization
- Golang experience, if you are interested in occasionally contributing to Consul backend code
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Consul team in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.