Sr. Director, Customer Success
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.About the Role
HashiCorp is seeking a Senior Director, Customer Success to lead our rapidly growing organization. This strategic role will be based in our San Francisco Headquarters and report to the VP of Customer Success & Worldwide Support.
In this role the Senior Director, CS will manage the US (and APAC) team of Technical Account Managers (TAM). These TAM’s in-turn manage the end-to-end relationship with our enterprise customers. As an integral step in our customers post-sales journey, you and your team will work in a high-performance, collaborative environment to drive CS by providing lifecycle management for a portfolio of HashiCorp companies.In this role, you can expect to:
- Define, optimize and manage the Enterprise customer journey
- Discover innovative ways for HashiCorp to fully understand our customers’ objectives and become a trusted advisor
- Monitor Customer Unhealthy status based on HashiCorp Early-Warning System and work on a get-well plan. Drive toward goal of 90% customer retention.
- Build and drive product suite adoption via continuous TAM utilization checks and prescriptive advice for Customer technical journey.
- Manage customer escalations as they arise, and follow a methodical escalation process.
- Collaborate with our Director, Enterprise Architecture to operationalize Technical blueprints.
- Collaborate with CS Operations to review and escalate Churn candidates.
- Build an experienced and diverse pipeline of CS professionals while partnering with Global Talent Acquisition to continue to add to our pipeline of dynamic and extraordinarily skilled TAMs in North American as well as APAC.
- Drive expectations on performance and give valuable feedback as needed.
- Optimize and drive performance standards to ensure team is performing at consistently high levels.
- Outline Customer Success involvement during sales cycle, and where hand-off occurs.
- Work with CS Ops on Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys.
- Accelerate towards our 90% customer retention goal.Manage a team of Regional Directors and Managers via quarterly MBOs utilizing effective and compassionate management.
- 15+ years substantial experience in Technical Account Management/Customer Success, SE, Services or Support. Technology start-up experience a plus
- 10+ years’ experience managing Global team of Technical Account Managers or Customer Success Managers
- Experience in enterprise software release and support processes
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Experience and participation within the DevOps community
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling challenging and changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment
- Motivational leader who can inspire teams to achieve and exceed goals
- Ability to provide experienced mentorship for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud infrastructure, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Experience or understanding of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault is a plus
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Travel as needed - up to 25%
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series D startup headquartered in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-JN1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.