Senior Experiential Event Producer
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.About the Role
HashiCorp is seeking an experienced, creative, and self-motivated senior event producer with a passion for building experiences that engage, educate, and connect the developer community. This role will be responsible for producing our largest community conference. The ideal candidate will have a track record of running complex large-scale events, from leading execution to managing the budget, vendors, staffing, communication, and deadlines. This role will collaborate cross-functionally with Product Marketing, Sales, Partners, Demand Gen, Corp Comms, Community, and the executive team to ensure goals are aligned and we amplify key content and messaging.
This is a full-time position and will report to the Director of Event & Experiential Marketing. Bay Area or NY area is preferred, but other remote locations could be considered.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Plan and lead execution of HashiCorp’s largest annual community conference.
- Lead a complex multi-million dollar program budget. Excel at delivering a plan and executing on-time and on-budget.
- Work collaboratively across other departments to ensure goal, content, and messaging alignment. This includes working with internal teams on planning and managing event staffing.
- Work in partnership with the creative producer to ensure the conference has a cohesive feel across the web, social, marketing collateral, and in-person.
- Must have empathy and a deep love of the developer community and an ability to craft experiences for that specific audience.
- Run weekly team meetings.
- Develop project documentation including deliverable timelines, production schedules, run of show, etc.
- Use project management software to handle all tasks leading up to, during, and post-event.
- Manage the proposals, contracts and invoices of all vendors, from start to finish.
- Find opportunities and take initiative to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes, resource allocation, and any aspects of the community conference program.
- Your responsibilities may shift as company priorities shift, so flexibility is critical for success.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 6+ years of experience in event management in the B2B, high-tech space.
- Exceptional project management skills, thorough in approach, and ability to think strategically and ahead of schedule.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high-quality deliverables.
- Experience with managing a team.
- Experience with project management software such as Asana, Trello, or Jira.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively across different types of teams in a remote environment — including business development, marketing, community, developer advocates, engineering, and sales.
- Experience in remote communication tools such as Slack, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- Keen business acumen. You will be representing the company at conferences, and making decisions on its behalf. Professionalism, insightfulness, and remaining calm under pressure are crucial.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills in a fast-paced environment. You will hit the ground running from day one.
- Ability to participate in travel. Expect approximately 25% travel.
- Start-up experience preferred.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.