Release Engineer, Vault
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
This role will be working on the Engineering Services team. On this team, you will be working with other Release, Software, and Infrastructure Engineers. This team supports the Engineering organization with Release, Reliability, Compliance, and Systems.This Position
This Release Engineer role will join our Engineering Services team, and will be embedded full-time in the Vault organization, focused on Release Engineering. You will work with the Vault and Engineering Services teams to help build reusable components for their software delivery pipelines and will generally help with improving the safety, speed, and joy of the developer experience.In this role, you can expect to:
- Support product teams in all of their post-commit needs for builds and releases
- Participate in evolving our continuous integration pipeline
- Facilitate automation for the release of our products as binaries for multiple target OS’s and packaging formats
- Ensure unit and integration tests can run reliably and efficiently in CI
- Contribute to developing best practices for Infrastructure as Code, software build tools, and Continuous Integration
- Continuously improve automated build, test and deployment workflows
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience working on developer tooling and release automation for enterprise software in business critical environments
- You have experience with Bash and/or POSIX scripting, and are comfortable using standard linux tools like grep, sed, awk etc.
- You have experience designing, implementing, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts, ecosystem, and tooling (prior experience with Terraform, Vault or Packer is a big plus!)
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You have a passion for automation, testing, and documentation
- You have experience with container technologies, especially Docker
- You have experience working with distributed VCS, for example Git
- You have experience building software packages and software installers
Please note we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether to apply, please apply anyway!
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.