Instructional Designer/Course Developer - Remote U.S. or San Francisco
Instructional Designer/Content Developer - Remote U.S. or San Francisco
As an experienced course developer, you specialize in the design and development of sales and solution engineer training content for virtual learning environments and complementary live courses. This includes conducting needs assessments to identify strategic learning and development initiatives, designing and developing training courseware in a variety of delivery modes (e.g., self-paced training, virtual, live and blended). You will become a key member of the HashiCorp Sales Enablement Team.
The charter of this team is to accelerate the on-boarding and ramp of our enterprise account managers and solution engineering team, ensuring understanding of our solutions, customer environments, and sales strategy, and leverage this to broaden our reach through our channel partners.
You will be responsible for delivering best in virtual learning experiences to engage our globally sales team to up-sell, cross-sell and land new opportunities by partnering with cross functional teams to build a course and curriculum that build to a ramped and qualified rep and SE.
This role is for someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where priorities change frequently and where demonstration of strong communication and delivery skills. This person will have the business acumen to discuss, develop and deliver sales training and enablement aligned with the organization’s priority sales messaging and initiatives across all routes to market.
- Own and develop HashiCorp’s go-forward virtual training strategy, design and methodology
- Design, develop, and deploy world class blended learning programs that are experiential, drive behavior change, and increase performance within our global sales team
- Own, develop and maintain project plans for the learning management system for the sales team, working cross functionally to deliver role specific learning paths
- Deliver sales training across our core products, sales skills, and processes for the worldwide sales team
- Support the development of a process to organize sales content into a set of classroom and eLearning curricula, working with the broader enablement team to ensure the eLearning complements the live onboarding/Sales Kickoff/classroom training
- Close collaboration with Sales Enablement team to collect business requirements and direction for materials needed building out learning paths
- Suggest new ideas to the enablement, product, and leadership teams, infusing your expertise in delivering world class training content
- Communicate and engage regularly with subject matter experts during launches and new initiatives, building strong relationships
- Develop a pool of content development contractors as needed to support the rapid growth and changing requirements
- Proactively look for and suggest opportunities to scale, increase efficiency and improve content creation and delivery
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- BA or BS Degree
- 7+ years of design training and content development experience/background
- Knowledge and proven application adult learning principles in multi-modal instruction
- Experience using standard tools (Microsoft and Adobe products)
- Experience with advanced course authoring tools and eLearning standards (Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, SCORM, AICC, etc.). Portfolio or prior examples are required.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders and audience types (trainers, learners, collaborators, executives)
- Experience to manage ad-hoc aspect of a fast-growing business by leveraging an in-take process and being able to quickly reprioritize existing work and manage expectations
- Superior verbal & written communication skills
- Self-starter with high energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, and commitment – we are all running fast and want a new member who knows how to drive their initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to translate ‘I want…’ and into learning outcomes
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to proactively provide input on measures regarding business impact and effectiveness of deployed learning solutions
- Experience working with learning management systems
- Experience/background in the IT technology space
- Highly desirable experience with
- Developing blended sales training highly desirable
- Developing manager coaching and development curriculum is desirable
- Working with global markets/audience is desirable
- Participating in the RFP process and managing content development vendors is desired, but not required
Location: Flexible, highly distributed company and stakeholders
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.