Sr. Tax Manager
HashiCorp is focused on building software that can provision, secure, and run any application on any infrastructure. Join us in building a set of industry-leading open source tools and commercial products that focus on simple workflows for developers, operators, and security professionals.
About The Role
The Finance team is seeking a Senior Tax Manager, in San Francisco, CA to support our growing Finance organization. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a stellar opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing software company. The person in this role will be a key leader in the Finance organization and will have the opportunity to: develop internal processes for domestic and international tax compliance; guide the international tax structure; and advise executive decision making on tax matters. This is a great opportunity for a tax professional to expand their skills for the next level of management.
The role would be perfect for you if you thrive in a fast paced, fast-growing, and high energy company, and are looking for opportunities to develop depth in leading a company’s tax team.
In this role, you can expect to:
base of international tax developments
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Willingness to help with tax filings, completing forms, and researching tax issues
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize contending workloads
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross functionally
- High level of familiarity with Excel
- Manage all aspects of US income tax compliance, including federal and state filings
- Collaborate with the Finance team and tax consultants to calculate tax provisions
- Assist the Finance team with forecasting tax expenses for future periods and any tax related accounting entries
- Manage US indirect tax compliance, including sales and use tax filings, local taxes, etc.
- Oversee projects on transfer pricing, research and development credit studies, net operating loss carry forwards, etc.
- Coordinate and review the work of consultants on international direct and indirect tax compliance
- Research US and international tax issues and provide guidance to executive team
- Collaborate with and manage tax consultants to develop the international tax structure and help the Finance team to operationalize it
- Manage US federal, state and foreign tax audits, whether directly or through consultants
- Design, implement and document processes and internal controls related to the tax cycle
- Assist with the configuration, implementation and maintenance of any tax software
- Prepare documentation or forms related to on any of the above responsibilities
- Assist with ad hoc strategic and operational projects as required
- Exposure to all aspects of tax compliance in a multinational operating company
- Opportunity to lead and participate in tax related projects, including international tax structure, R&D credit studies, transfer pricing benchmarking, etc.
- Opportunity to build a vision for the tax operations and organization
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- BA in Accounting or MA in Taxation
- 5-6 years experience with a Big 4 Public Accounting firm (in tax practice)
- Additional 3-4 years experience in the tax department of a multinational company
- Strong technical background in US tax regulations required, with a good knowledge
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI - NR1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.