Audience Marketing Director
HashiCorp is the multi-cloud infrastructure automation company. Our open source software is used by millions of users to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. The Global 2000 uses our enterprise software to accelerate application delivery and drive innovation through software. We have a strong focus on the practitioner experience and treat it as our “true north.” Our Tao of HashiCorp highlights a workflow focus as being more important than technology, and this impacts deeply how we think about user experience. We are a highly distributed company as well, with employees located around the world. Our culture embraces autonomy and asynchronous work to support a global team.
About the Role
Are you a marketer looking to make a huge impact at a high-growth company? Do you see how the cloud is redefining how the world’s largest enterprises think about their infrastructure and want to be a part of it? Do you want to lead the practitioner audience marketing efforts around a set of products that are adopted by millions of open source users?
HashiCorp is seeking an Audience Marketing Director to focus on open source practitioners. The ideal candidate is proven in orchestrating a wide range of marketing initiatives; from strategic planning to content marketing to GTM implementation across developer or practitioner audience.
In this role you can expect to:
- Develop and iterate product positioning and messaging for HashiCorp Terraform, Vault, Consul, Nomad, Vagrant and Packer
- Understand the practitioner journeys and align key messages to target audiences within those journeys, especially in describing technical capabilities
- Be a go-to-market lead for practitioner-focussed activities, working very closely with the Developer Advocates, product management, product marketing and engineering.
- Content creation -- use your domain knowledge, technical expertise, and understanding of practitioners to create specific content to help learn about, select, and be advocates for HashiCorp products.
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – Understand the market landscape and how to competitively position the products. Serve as the voice of the practitioner to the internal product-focused teams to reinforce solving their challenges
- Demand generation strategy – collaborate with the revenue marketing team, digital marketing, and field marketing to deliver the marketing programs that drive demand
- Understand the ecosystem of partners and collaborate with them to drive awareness
- Serve as a product spokesperson with customers, press, analysts, and be a speaker at targeted events and a visible social media presence
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 10 years of software product marketing or audience marketing experience with at least 2-3 years of experience in a technical or field-facing role targeting practitioners or developers.
- Subject matter expertise in cloud infrastructure, with a strong understanding of the impact of cloud, distributed systems, microservices, and DevOps approaches
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Some travel required
- Experience with open source software offerings and related GTM activities
- Strong ability to analyze an idea and develop a plan to execute
- Excellent communicator
- Experienced in core marketing functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.