Software Engineer, Terraform Providers
HashiCorp builds DevOps tools for modern applications. We build open source tools, and enterprise products on top of them. The HashiCorp suite provides consistent workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp values top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
HashiCorp’s Terraform is an open source project that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the command line. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared among team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned. Terraform Providers are responsible for understanding APIs and exposing resources for use with Terraform.
We want you to contribute to the development and maintenance of Terraform Providers in close collaboration with the large and growing Terraform community, utilizing operations and engineering skills to work across a diverse set of infrastructure providers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support integrations with new and existing infrastructure providers
- Help support open source contributors with supportive and constructive code reviews, documentation improvements, and workflow changes
- Advocate and support improvements to Terraform Core and the Terraform plugin SDK
- Work on issues and improvements in Terraform Providers critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have used Terraform
- You enjoy working with Go
- You have experience in education, customer support, or OSS community support applicable to the Terraform community
- You have operated and maintained production systems in a public cloud environment or on-prem data center
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and tools (infrastructure as code, software defined networking, virtualization, and the tools used to operate and maintain related systems)
In your cover letter, please describe why you want to work at HashiCorp, and/or on the Terraform team in particular.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you would be successful working with us, please apply anyway. #LI-BS1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.